Monday, October 27, 2008

Blowing kisses

I was able to catch Elizabeth blowing kisses yesterday. She is such a fun little girl. She loves hugs and kisses and loves to do silly things and laugh her little baby giggle to make us laugh. It is the funniest thing. She has started trying to show her independence and sometimes when she gets frustrated she will make a loud noise trying to get our attention. I have been teaching her the sign for help so she can sign that instead of hollering at us. (A classic example... she likes to take the blue chairs from her table set and walk around the house with them. Of course, they don't move over carpet very well or over the flooring in doorways, so she gets mad very easily and just stands there hollering until someone helps her.)
This morning I had the exciting experience of watching Kyle fly by the house! I didn't realize he would be so far away... so I know this picture is not great, but I wanted to share anyway. I think you can see an Apache out front, with Blackhawks following behind.

This morning, instead of Playgroup, they had a Costume Parade. All the kids came dressed in costume to decorate treat bags and "Trick or Treat" through one floor of offices in the Soldier Service Center. It was fun... although once the coloring part was over, Elizabeth was getting tired and not in the mood to be social with the nice people passing out candy. We had fun visiting with our friends Lindsay and Carli, and Rachel and Lydia. Three moms with three baby girls... we are quite a crowd! :) We all went to Chili's for lunch. I was the first one to make it in, and you would have thought I was asking them to move mountains to have a table for 3 moms, 2 high chairs, and a sling. They tried to put us in two different booths and I had to very politely tell them I just didn't think we would fit. I mean, really, if you line 3 babies up at the end of a table, one mom has to sit inside the booth and not be able to reach her little one. That just doesn't work! So then they put 2 tables together for us, and when I saw we could actually fit on one table, I moved the unused table back over so someone else could use it. Well, then they acted like that was a problem, too, because it was too close to a different table to be useable. I felt bad because I was just trying to be nice and not take up more room than necessary after we already had the booth ordeal. Oh well, they figured it out, used both tables just fine, and we had a nice time visiting with the girls.

And finally, here is Elizabeth showing off her decorated bag with a little bit of candy in it. No, I'm not going to let her eat it, so don't worry :) haha Fortunately, it was mostly gum and hard candy, so nothing that will be too tempting for this mom to eat too quickly! :) haha Her daddy sure is proud of her Jacksonville Jaguars cheerleading outfit! I will have to try to get a picture of the back of her head soon so you can see how much more hair she is getting. Every once in awhile you can see just a hint of some curls coming in. When I am out with her during the day I get so many compliments on how pretty she is and how she looks just like me. I gratefully say thank you... but I think they should see her with her daddy... I think she really favors him a bit more. She is going through a "mommy phase" again which is tough on daddy's feelings, so I hope she outgrows it soon. I know she just adores him... those two have so much fun together. She just likes to come back to mom pretty often for hugs and attention.
Well, I should hop off here and make some progress on the Christmas cards. They are slowly but surely coming along! :)

3 comments:

Em said...

It is so fun when they start blowing kisses and giving affection. It gets even better when they can talk.

Em said...

Melody, I tagged you on my blog. Check there for the instructions if you want to participate.

Stephanie said...

I definetely see Kyle in her. She is good mix between the two of you though. She is so gorgeous! Wish we could get the girls together to play:(. Someday!