Hello everyone! We are still hanging out in a hotel waiting for that closing date! Kyle has inprocessed here at Fort Bragg and will start working tomorrow. Hopefully they will have him up in the air in the next couple of days. That's what they were planning back in June, anyway. Once he starts, it sounds like it will be on full force. He has a lot coming up over the next several months, and with the timing of them, we are just praying he will be home for Elizabeth's birthday and Thanksgiving. We don't know yet for sure the training dates, but they all fall right around that time. We will just see what happens. But all in all he is really anxious to get going. I know he wishes he would be able to deploy a little sooner, but he has a lot of work ahead of him here, so I think he will stay busy! We watched the movie "The Kingdom" on Saturday night. I won't spoil it for you if you haven't seen it, but the last few minutes of that movie sort of made the point hit home for me as to how these guys are anxious to get over there and do their jobs. (I know we aren't in Saudi Arabia, but I think that sentiment is felt by the terrorist groups in Iraq and Afghanistan, too.)
Elizabeth is such a joy right now. Her little personality has really blossomed since we got here. The difference is amazing. She is a little bit goofy and loves to do things that make us laugh. She also has a total of 5 teeth now! I imagine that more are not too far behind. She has not been sleeping well because of her teething, but last night we did get an 8 hour stretch from her, which was wonderful. It did great things for mommy's energy level and mood, too! :) She is crawling all over the place and is no longer content to sit and play... she HAS to be standing up holding on to something every chance she gets. She also loves to "walk" while holding on to our hands... especially with Daddy.
So far this transition has not been as easy as the one to Rucker was, for me anyway. But I am feeling 100% better now. I think part of it was having no real place to call home and not having anyone to talk to. But I have made contact with some local groups and plan on getting out to meet people this week. Elizabeth and I went to storytime at Barnes and Noble last week. We'll try to go this week, too. We are having lunch with the Hangar Hunnies tomorrow and meeting some Fayetteville Mommies (part of the Mommy Network... Google it for more info or a group in your area) on Thursday. I have also been in touch with a Creative Memories consultant and one from Close to My Heart, so I REALLY look forward to getting involved in some crops and card workshops, soon! :) But don't worry, I am still loyal to Cherie for my Stampin' Up! needs. :)
My brother David decided to go full time with the Marines. He is hoping to be stationed at Camp Lejeune. We would love to have him that close! We'll see where they send him.
Well, I should go... Elizabeth will probably be up from her nap any second. I am so grateful she is still going down for naps well. With our crazy schedules we were often out all day and she would just sleep in the car... I was worried she would forget how to lay down and just fall asleep.
Hope all is well in your part of the world! :)
Yard Sale
10 years ago
1 comment:
You all need to update! We're wondering how your time in NC is going!?!
Post a Comment