Saturday, November 3, 2007

Chili 5k


Every year at Fort Rucker they have a charity event that consists of a 5k run (about 3.1 miles) and then a chili cookoff. They set up booths and sell samples of the chili. It is pretty cool to try the different types of chili that people make. They also have static displays of all of the helicopters and if you have the money you can take a ride on a Huey.


Since they had the static displays the family decided to finally take some pictures with my helicopter (Apache).

So, life around here has been pretty good. I am finally done with night flights for a little while and I am moving into gunnery, which should be great. Lots of studying and work to be done in this phase. At the same time though, this puts me on the home stretch. About a month of gunnery then I am done with flight training. So I will probably do SERE-C and BOLC around January or February time frame and hopefully be at my unit by March or April.



Oh well, I guess I will cut this off here. Here are a few pictures that we took today. One is with my baby girl sitting on a Hellfire missile. Another is Buddy and me sitting with the 30mm cannon.


No comments: