Thursday, September 6, 2007

Counting down...

Well... we continue to countdown to D-Day! I am hoping that baby stays happy a little longer and doesn't come before the 11th or so... but that is for purely selfish and social reasons! haha We'll be happy whenever God decides it is time for us to meet Little Maki.

I must say, my husband is excellent with a smoker. We decided to have some friends over for Labor Day... we love having company, and I know once the baby comes we won't be having big groups over for awhile. Anyway, Kyle smoked a brisket and a pork butt on Monday, and they were delicious! We forgot to take a picture before we ate them! :(

Yesterday our women's bible study started again, so I was excited to get back in that routine! My friend Cherie and I went to lunch at a new place in town called Mimi's Tearoom. It was SSOO yummy! I had the egg salad sandwich... it came with pasta salad, a pickle, and a drink. I can't wait to go back. The owners are retired military... he flew Blackhawks... and INCREDIBLY nice. They were chatting with all the lunch patrons. I definitely look forward to supporting their restaurant! hehe I am hoping we can go when Kyle's mom is here and also with my family.

Our weather still hasn't cooled off too much, but I am already looking forward to fall... leaves, bonfires, hot apple cider... I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm so excited that you started a family blog... I'll be able to see pictures of your soon to be born little one.